Santini products are designed to meet the needs of professional cyclists at the sport's highest level helping them compete in a wide range of weather conditions. We choose technologies and materials that provide you maximum performance in the saddle. In order to ensure a long life for your Santini garments each item should be handled according to the the following care instructions.
1. How to care for Santini garments:
- Garments ideally should be washed after each outing, otherwise hang items in a well ventilated room. Garments will maintain the best possible condition if they are washed immedialy after being used. By washing the items soon after riding, the onset of bacteria that can deteriorate the fabric is dramatically reduced.
- Garments should not be stored in places with high humidity or that lack ventilation. (plastic bag, gym bag, backpacks)
- When not in use, garments should not be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
2. How to wash your Santini garment:
- Before washing your Santini garment, turn it inside out(with inner seams exposed).
- Be sure to close all zippers and velcro closures.
- Wash your Santini garments seperately from the rest of the laundry.
- When hand washing your Santini garments, use warm water with a delicate laundry detergent.
- When washing your Santini garments in the washing machine be sure to use the declate cycling with a maximum temperature of 30°C. It is also recommended to use a wash bag when possible.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleaches.
- Use a light spin cycle.
- When hang drying your Santini garment, avoid direct sunlight when possibile.
- When drying in a dryer, make sure to use the lowest temperature setting.
- Do not iron your Santini garments.
We reccomend follwing this washing and care guide for all types of Santini garments including accessories.
3. How to care for garments with water resistant treatment:
- All water resistant materials are treated with advanced environmentally friendly treatments without the use of flouride.
- The highly safe (PFOA free) is based on specific polimers that are highly ramificated and provide optimal water resistant characteristics. The treatment inhibits the exterior layer from becoming saturated to allow the fabric can perform its critical job of wicking and moisture management.
- The useful life of the water resistant treament varies based on how the product is cared for and how it is washed. The effectiveness of the treatment is guaranteed for 30/50 washes.
- We recommed washing these garments following the same aforementioned instructions. Fabric softeners will totally degrade the water resistant treatment.
- Water resistant treatment must be occasionally retreated to maintain it's qualities by using specially design
4. How to care for your seatpad:
- Each Santini padding is made with advanced hypoallergenic and antibacterial materials. The softness is not affected by washing, the washing actually help regenerate the soft properties.
- We advise against using chamois cremes that can cause deterioration of the padding material and degrade it's hypoallergenic properties.